Hyperpigmentation is a term used to describe darker patches of skin, which result from excess melanin production. Hyperpigmentation can affect all skin types and may be caused by acne scars, hormonal changes, sun damage and physical damage to skin. It is caused by an overproduction of melanin, which in turn leads to darker patches of skin and/or uneven skin tone. The best facial oils to treat hyperpigmentation include tea tree oil, lavender oil, geranium oil, frankincense oil, neroli oil, chamomile oil, clary sage oil, turmeric oil, and rosemary essential oil.
If you're dealing with hyperpigentation Like It On Top focuses on protecting the epidermis, which is the body’s top layer of skin seen on the surface. This layer of skin provides a barrier to protect the face and body from ultraviolet (UV) radiation, harmful chemicals and bacteria. With targeted skin protection from head to toe, we’ve got every area of the body covered with our handmade plant-based range of face and body care.
Four of our products are targeted at dealing with hyper-pigmentation for the face and body:
1. Use our double cleansing protection containing citric acid to exfoliate the top layers of skin to brighten, shrink pores, treat acne and correct dark spots. It also contains turmeric, an anti-inflammatory to reduce scars, heal wounds and calm the skin. It may be applied to a dry or face wet and rubbed to lather when wet.
2. Use our oil cleansing protection containing rosehip oil, rich in fatty acids and antioxidants to regenerate skin cells, reduce scars and fine lines. This multipurpose oil may be applied to the face and body to support with hyperpigmentation.
3. Use our turmeric body scrub for discoloured skin and hyperpigmentation under arms, elbows, underarms and bikini line. This moisturising bodyscrub should be applied to wet skin rubbing in a circular throughout the body.
4. Use our multipurpose protection to counter hyperpigmentation on the arms, elbows, underarm and bikini line. This moisturising body butter may be applied to dry skin twice per day or as required.
5. Use our (toning protection) as a cleansing tonic. It contains rose water and citric acid, which contains antioxidant properties for brighter skin. Our toner may be applied to cleansed skin and then wiped using cotton wool.